Neighbors for Neighbors

Do stuff with and for your neighbors

Hi... there was a huge gathering of people on Sunday July 19th in the afternoon near the Stonybrook T station. Does anyone know what this was for? I didn't find any news or information online about it.

Thanks!
Matt

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live across the street and was totally surprised by the event. This is all I can figure out:
Sunday July 19: Dominican Health Fair, Stony Brook Park, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

from the Boston Public Health Commission website.

The irony is that there was a heck of a lot of drinking going on and afterward no one picked up trash on the streets. It was disgusting and there was a ton of junk in my yard.
Thanks! Good to know. That's been bugging me all week.

Sorry to heard about your yard, that sucks. It seemed like there were more people there than at the usual JP festivals... crazy.
I spoke to the permitting guy at the city and he said they didn't get a permit till Friday afternoon! I've made 8 phone calls and have yet to find who is in charge of this event. Strange. Do you live in the Stony Brook Neighborhood?
I live on Paul Gore closer to Centre St. It looks like the Boston Public Health Commission was in charge?
Nope. Not at all. They merely had a booth there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Joseph Porcelli (Chief Neighbor).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service