Time: September 20, 2009 from 11am to 3pm
Location: Near the Jamaica Pond Boathouse
City/Town: Jamaica Plain
Website or Map: http://www.rootsandshoots.org…
Event Type: fair, games, and, peace, procession
Organized By: Christine Ellersick
Latest Activity: Sep 14, 2009
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
Roots & Shoots New England Celebrates Peace!
Roots & Shoots New England will host the Day of Peace at The Jamaica Pond Boathouse in Jamaica Plain, Mass again this year!
Join us at the Pond on Sunday, September 20 from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. to enjoy a day of games, celebration and music by Casey Barth and John Heffon. The event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends! Bring a picnic lunch and a reusable water bottle and enjoy the day!
* 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Day of Peace Activities! Thanks to Peace in Focus and Greenschools for their activities.
* Noon - 12:15 p.m. Welcome and Comments by Sally Sharp Lehman, Roots & Shoots New England Regional Director.
* 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Peace Dove Procession with Spontaneous Celebrations around the pond.
* 1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Music by Casey Barth and John Heffon
* 3:00 p.m. Passports for Peace due for gift bag. Door prizes!
© 2023 Created by Joseph Porcelli (Chief Neighbor). Powered by
RSVP for Roots & Shoots New England Day of Peace Celebration! to add comments!
Join Neighbors for Neighbors