Neighbors for Neighbors

Do stuff with and for your neighbors

Hi there fellow involved and concerned neighbors,

I'm new to Neighbors for Neighbors and would love to get your insight, advice, etc...

Last week there was a terrible shooting that happened in the Bromley Heath Housing area around 11pm (very early, I think for these kinds of things!) A stray bullet went into our house, narrowly missing our tenant (we no longer live at our property). This was the 2nd shooting within 1 week. The bullet went through the wall and into the chair. Luckily, my tenant chose the couch instead of the chair. Otherwise, she'd have a bullet in her chest. Swarms of police covered our house and the Housing area. Upon arrival, my husband discovered around 30 cops, investigative vehicles, EMTs, and fire trucks. Yet, there was NO news the next day regarding the shooting. Not that I want it publicized that it was my property, but our community should know what's going on. That housing area is notoriously dangerous and grown even more so since we purchased the house 4 years ago.

I am at a loss. The police have not been helpful in sharing any info with my very scared tenants. My struggle is that the violence has NEVER GONE AWAY! To me, its a sign that being "tenant managed" does NOT work for this housing development. Who do I turn to in order to get answers and see real change? I do not wish to displace so many people, however, it is a breeding grown for violence, as I've witnessed (countless calls to the police when we lived there for 2 yrs - I couldn't take it anymore and we moved out!).

Please, wise neighbors, share your thoughts, advice and contacts with me! Thank you for reading this and providing an avenue for me to reach out/ask for help/vent!

R

Views: 13

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Joseph Porcelli (Chief Neighbor).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service