Neighbors for Neighbors

Do stuff with and for your neighbors

Anyone else having trouble finding an apartment in JP?

Realtors are telling me that there are way less listing than usual...maybe no one is moving because of the economy.

I'm looking for a centrally located one bedroom...have been looking for several months (craig's list etc) because mine is already rented...their is very little for sept first that's centrally located (ie not on S Huntington or past Forest Hills or in Egleston).

I stayed in the same place for many years (was blessed with Monument area apartment) so am not that familiar with the JP market...am thinking maybe most people find out word-of-mouth here?
Any ideas would be appreciated. I am thinking I could kill some trees and post a flyer around...I want to stay in JP VERY much

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard the same things from many folks, especially in regards to 1 Bedrooms. I would put up flyers at City Feed, Purple Cactus, the Board Outside of the Milkyway, at Stop and Shop, and JP Licks.
Thank you, I will
Strange issue...getting into see apartments ASAP. I lost one opportunity because although I replied to the add probably first (I saw it AS it was being posted on Craig's List), and despite my requests to see it, I happened to be forth in line to see it and ALL others wanted the apartment...feel like I missed out because of a timing/communication issue.
worried its happening again right now as we speak...well as I type..for an apartment I really want but haven't seen yet..location location location!
Replying to myself....;-)

I just heard from a landlord renting a JP one bedroom for September...she'd gotten over FORTY responses to her Craig's List ad in 24 hours...hope I get it!!
Yep, I've also been looking since May. Getting pretty nervous here! Anyone with leads on 3-bedrooms send me a message! Good luck Laura, will think of you if anyone gives me a tip on a 1-bed.
thank you.
My friend is a Landlord in JP and has mostly lg apartments...I will ask her
Funny I've seen three beds listed alot in last few months on Craigs tho I dont' follow the price or location for those...
Stacy,
My friend got back to me and has rented her last three bedroom unit, unfortunately...she is checking references currently. If something falls thru, she'll let me know. Good luck to you!
Thanks for trying Laura!
not sure you know about this one (nor why my font seems so big!)617-524-2787 (a realtors website). What I am doing now is not caring if its for Aug or Sept at this point...maybe you too?

NOW Great 3 bed Arboretum side NOW
Spacious . roomate friendly on St Rose Stret, 39 bus Forest Hills Station

$1800
3 Bed 1 Bath 1000 Sq Ft
Yeah, this one does not allow pets. I saw a really great apartment yesterday that I would have taken, but it also didn't allow pets. I have a cat. I've been scouring craigslist, but like you said, everyone else is doing that too. Trying to work the personal contacts instead... Thanks for looking out for me!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Joseph Porcelli (Chief Neighbor).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service