On Saturday April 14th from 1pm to 4pm, I'm hosting a clothing swap fundraiser at First Church in JP, near the monument. Admission is $12 in advance via Brown Paper Tickets, or $15 at the door (cash only) Save an additional $2 if you drop your clothes off in advance. Read on for more details.
Proceeds benefit First Church, and remaining items will be donated to Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries of Massachusetts.
Our upcoming swap on Saturday April 14 promises to be a great time for all Here’s what you can expect:
- If you dropped your clothes off in advance, you’ll breeze right through the express check-in. Just give your name to the checker who’ll have your exchange tickets all ready for you, along with your $2 CASH BACK for choosing the advance drop-off option.
- If you do not drop your clothes off in advance, you’ll queue up to have your items counted and looked over for swappability, and for each swappable item you’ll receive an exchange ticket.
- The space will be set up like a boutique. Clothes will be sorted by type and size and hung on garment racks and folded neatly on tables.
- Visit the sewing station to find out how to make repairs, or to fancy something up – or you can even do it yourself!
- Grab your FREE beverage. Included in the price of admission is a free non-alcoholic beverage!
- Purchase a snack to keep your stamina up. We’ll have a selection sweets, treats and cute little sandwiches available for sale, along with non-alcoholic beverages.
- Buy a raffle ticket or two. Tickets are $5 each. Items include a lovely handmade necklace by local artisan Alta McDonald (value: $125); Reiki/sound healing session by Reiki Sound Healing of Boston; and a ONCE a Week share of delicious prepared food from Cuisine en Locale.
- You can try on your selections in make-shift dressing rooms. We’ll set up room dividers so the modest among us can get a little privacy.
- When you’ve got your selections, head over to the checkout table and in your exchange tickets in lieu of cash.
- Voila! You’ve just participated in one of the coolest and thriftiest activities of the century.
Advance Ticket Sales:
Brown Paper Tickets
Saturday April 14th, 1pm to 4pm
First Church in Jamaica Plain
6 Eliot Street (near the Monument)
Questions, comments: FirstChurchSwap@gmail.com
To find out more about the clothing swap movement, and to see what others are doing around the world, check out http://events.swap.com/ andhttp://theswapteam.org/category/happenings