This has been a tough week but your generosity to host survivors displaced by the Boston Marathon Bombing is a true testament to goodness of human kind. Thank you.
What we anticipate will be needed next is housing for the family members and friends of survivors who were injured and are hospitalized.
We've partnered with Hospitality Homes who will be hand-matching those who need a place to stay with those of you who wish to host them and who meet the following criteria:
1) You have a private room with a bed (not an air mattress or cot) and access to a bathroom (does not need to be private):
2) You live 5 miles or less from the following hospitals:
If you have a private room with a bed and live within 5 miles or le...
- Children’s Hospital and all of the Longwood Medical Area facilities
- Boston Medical Center
- Tufts/New England Medical Center
- Mass. General Hospital.
It would also be really help if you:
If you ended up hosting anyone earlier this week, please send me an email at jporcelli (at) neighborsforneighbors.org to let me know as we are trying to get a sense of the impact we've had.
- Would accept smokers in your home
- Can accommodate more than 2 people
- Do not have stairs involved to get to you guest room
- A are comfortable hosting people who don’t speak English/Families and are fluent in a language other than English
- Do not have pets
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. MLK.
Thank you for being the light!