Thanks for the awesome response to my email and blog post yesterday! Since the rash incidents, no one else has been robbed - let's keep this up!
Here are our next steps:
1) Let's do the Safe Walk program again. SafeWalk entails passing out information to our neighbors on our streets, at local businesses, and at our T-stops and bus stops to warn them about what's happening. To sign up to flyer your street and local businesses or your T-stop or bus stop and to download the flyer please join the Safe Walk group now - http://jamaicaplain.neighborsforneighbors.org/group/safewalk
2) Let's see who is doing what. I'm curious about which streets are organized. Are you a member or a leader of Neighborhood Watch group? If not, would you be willing to help get one started or want to join one on your street? - Please fill out this form - https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHZzVXlYbC1FbkhHQ3ZDWDBLS014N0E6MA..
3) I'd would be AWESOME if every member of the network joined their neighborhood zone group. This way we/BPD can target messages to people who live in particular neighborhoods as needed, and we the residents can a) see what crime is being committed via CrimeReports and 2) have a form to communicate about crime and other happening like block parties, pots lucks, yard sales etc. Please join your neighborhood zone group now by navigating the map here - http://jamaicaplain.neighborsforneighbors.org/page/neighborhood-groups
4) Please invite all your neighbors and send email to you neighborhood lists to encourage people to join the network. You can invite you neighbors here - http://jamaicaplain.neighborsforneighbors.org/main/invitation/new?xg_source=tab
5) Watch the video I made with Captain Greland and Sgt. Krause this morning on the front page of our network.