June 19th, 7pm-8:30pm
First Church JP, 6 Eliot Street
Join the Jamaica Plain forum and Jamaica Plain residents to learn about one of JP's newly forming organizations! JP Residents, partnering with Ethos are creating JP@Home to keep JP women and men in their homes as long as possible through JP @Home social networks, information and services.
Why navigate the system alone?
Enjoy the benefits of membership in JP@Home to support your active, independent life:
- Help pioneer an innovative, grassroots community organization run by its members.
- Work with Ethos, a local nonprofit serving Jamaica Plain for 40 years.
- Get information when you want it via networking, access to experts, lectures and workshops.
- Help form interest groups that you want. Enjoy existing JP activities with other members.
- Make new social connections.
- If you have a change in condition, you will have one phone number to call to access discounted services and expertise you need.
- Give friends and family peace of mind knowing you have a real support system.
- Give your health care providers JP@Home/Ethos contact information so it’s in your record.
- Volunteer to share your skills and aid others.
- Get referrals for reasonably priced transportation.
- Help set up a system to get reliable cost-effective computer fixes and home repairs.
- Call on pre-screened volunteers to help with a variety of tasks.
- Participate in a volunteer Check In system, calling or being called by other members.
- Use Ethos’ pre-screened providers for discounted home health, homemaker and other services.
- Receive free yearly home safety inspections.
- And more… whatever you and other members, working with Ethos, want to make happen.
The services of JP@Home will launch once 100 pledges are secured. Annual membership of
$495 per person which can be paid monthly at $41.25 will start then.
To pledge or for more info: Contact JP@Home at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-522-9042 or JP@Home c/o Ethos, 555 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130