Good Evening Neighbors,
Welcome to all of our new members! For those of you in the greater Boston area, you've been busy the last few days requesting shoveling assistance or volunteering to help dig out your neighbors. It's been truly inspiring to witness!
We've been able to dig out about 70% of the people submitted online to SnowCrew. While that number is good, there are still some seniors and people with disabilities who are still waiting to be dug out.
Please either help dig out, forward, or share this list of people who are still waiting to be dug out with people you know who may nearby:
SnowCrew a joint effort by Neighbors For Neighbors, Ethos Age Well, and SeeClickFix to match neighbors who need assistance shoveling to those nearby who can and want to help them. Your are not guaranteed to be shoveled if you submit a request. By submitting a request or volunteering, you do so at your own risk. The is no fee for being shoveled nor is there any compensation for shoveling.
Here is how to get involved:
- Go to http://neighborsforneighbors.org and create profile to receive the newsletter
- Download the SeeClickFix app (the engine that powers SnowCrew) to be notified when a nearby neighbor needs help
- Follow @NeighborTweet and RT their #SnowCrew tweets
- Like and share NeighborsForNeighbors.org facebook posts about Shovel Requests
- Forward this email to your friends in Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville.
If you need shoveling assistance or know someone who needs help, fill out the form to title "Report" on the SnowCrew map.