It's gonna snow - and a bunch too.
Here are some guidelines.
* Move cars from main arterials during snow emergencies. A listing of main arterials can be found at: www.cityofboston.gov/snow/parking/asp
. There is also a map on the main page
of this site.
* Do not park cars within 20 feet of an intersection. Parking too close to an intersection can restrict emergency vehicle access.
* Do not throw snow back into the street. “Throwbacks” force the city to remove snow from the same street twice.
* Shovel out fire hydrants close to your home.
* Property owners are reminded to shovel snow from sidewalks that abut homes and businesses.
* Keep wheelchair ramps clear.
* Check on elderly and neighbors and others in need. Adopt a neighbor for the winter - shovel them out!
* Take extra precaution near school bus stops where children may be waiting without parental supervision.
* Treat non-working traffic lights as stop signs and proceed cautiously at intersections.
* Any Space-savers in on-street parking spaces that have been cleared should be removed 48 hours after a snow storm has ended.
* Avoid driving. Walk or take public transportation.