Who you are!
You're bright, motivated, internet savy (you're on twitter and use it regularly), can write well, have a positive can-do attitude, are looking to role up your sleeves and help make stuff happen in a big way.
While we can't pay you, we will teach you what we know about community engagement and technology and write you a sweet recommendation on linkedin.com
. You'll be a critical part of further developing this community engagement and collaboration social networking model.
You'll be offered the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across functional areas. We'll provide diverse experiences including individual and team and short-term and long-term projects.The following is a sampling of projects you will support:
- Research and create compelling and engaging conversations resulting in trusted and valuable relationships via (blog posts, newsletters, tweets, etc.)
- Facilitating online working groups and managing towards objectives and outcomes
- Tracking engagement metrics and driving activity to consistently meet goals
- Email, phone, and twitter outreach to stakeholders
- Drafting presentations for potential collaborations
- Assisting with various aspects of project management and event planning
- Other stuff I can't think of at the moment
Interning with us provides significant opportunities for professional growth and development; you will gain experience transforming visions to action and developing the skills and competency necessary to support and some day lead innovative online models that produce real world results within complicated social and political environments.
You will have the opportunity to participate in the planning and strategic processes and your voice is expected to be expressed. In addition you'll get to work with us on community issues like local first, public safety, and other community priorities.Qualifications
- Commitment to integrity and service to your fellow neighbors and human beings
- Experience organizing events, campaigns, your neighbors, parties etc.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with Google Docs
- Experience with new media platforms
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility is a must!
- You must have your own computer or laptop
- Maturity and a sense of humor
- A background or interest in civic engagement, marketing, policy, issue advocacy, social media, technology, community organizing, law enforcement, or politics is a plus
- You must be able to commit at least 10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Reading and writing in spanish is a HUGE PLUS.
Our office is based out of the South End and you'll work here, and in the neighborhoods they majority of time. About working with NFN and me, Joseph
- Jam fun, casual, focused, and like to make big things happen in big ways.
- It's just as important to me that you get value from your experience as I do.
- I travel about 25% of the time and not always available - you'll need to have the aptitude to keep going without lots of instruction and at the same time know when to stop or seek direction.
- Check out http://www.josephporcelli.com/notes to learn more about the work I've done and do.
Send me the following:
- A link to your linkedin profile
- Your twitter address
- Your blog URL (if you have one)
- Tell me in 200 words or less why your interested
- Copy of your resume