Now that Roy and I have got the process figured out, we're inviting others to join us as SnowCrew dispatchers. Dispatching is a fun and challenging role!
You'll need to have:
- Flexibility during the day to spend about 4 hour in total per snow storm day on SnowCrew
- Event, project, volunteer and team management experiences
- Proficiency with online tools including google maps, text messaging - we'll teach you how to use groundcrew.us (it's awesome and fun).
The role entails:
- Requesting, interacting with, thanking, and (tagging) volunteer shovelers availability timeframes and locations
- Coordinating and sending teams of shovelers on multiple missions simultaneously
- Working with Joseph and other dispatchers simultaneously during storms
- Thanking volunteer shovelers as the sign up - while coordinating missions
- Interacting with Shovelee (requires making phone calls and checking in)
- Prioritizing missions based on shovelee needs and monitoring new requests as they
To volunteer - please leave a comment on this post in the SnowCrew group.