NFN needs your help. It's costs $500 per month to keep our networks up and running and another $500.00 per month for general operating expenses. We have had limited money for general operating expenses for the last two years and so we have gone without, and Joseph, our founder, has have been personally covered much of what was essential. With this said, we really need your support! Please give what you can today.
Donate $50, become the Mayor of your Block by Adopting your Block - PLEASE DONATE NOW!
- You get to be the the Mayor of your Block for one year.
- Get Invitations to EXCLUSIVE quarterly Mayor ONLY Events.
- A really awesome Mayor decal to proudly display on your building.
- Mayor's business cards to hand out to your neighbors.
- A tax deduction. Sweetness!
- Also, there are rumors that your neighbors will bake you pies and do your laundry for you.
Please see FAQ below for details and see the Mayor's map to see if your street is still available.
Any amount you can give is appreciated! For your donation, you'll become a Very Important Neighbors and get a Very Important Neighbor Decal to proudly display.
How come Neighbors for Neighbors needs money now, you have not asked before?
First, Ning, the company that develops the social networking platform we use generously donated the monthly fees on our networks for a year. The year is over. Thanks again Ning!
Second, last year we applied for a bunch of grants. None came through, even the one we totally thought we'd get, we did not. Wicked Bummer.
Third. We have no funding sources. We're neighbor powered, and now we need to be neighbor funded too. With more than 3200 neighbors in the networks, we can keep this going for years to come. Please chip in!
How much money does Neighbors for Neighbors need?
What does a block consist of, what will you be overseeing?
- Minimum: We need $6,000 alone just to keep all networks operating for one more year.
- To make due: $6,000 more dollars will cover all of our current general operating expenses.
- Ideally: $125,000 to staff our operation and cover all expenses. We'll take that on next.
What if more than one person donates on my block?
- A block consists of all homes/plots on one street between two adjacent cross streets.
- There can be multiple mayors on a street, only if there are multiple blocks.
- There can only be One Mayor per block.
- There is nothing to oversee. All you have to do is donate. If you want to get more involved, great, otherwise, your financial support is what we need.
- First donor is the Mayor for one year.
- Subsequent donors will be offered the title of Deputy Mayor but not have mayoral privileges.
Special thanks to Michelle C and Ning Y for editing and David K for making the graphic!
With much appreciation, your neighbor,
Chief Executive Neighbor