NFN needs your help today! To continue operating – to keep our neighborhood networks up and running and sending these newsletters for the next year - we need to raise $6,000 by August 20.
How can you help?
Note: You don't have do anything more than donate, not that we discourage you.....
What do you get?
- You get to be Mayor of your block for one year!
- People will bake you cookies all the time and give you their parking space - especially during snow storms!
- Invitations to EXCLUSIVE quarterly Mayor ONLY events.
- A really awesome sticker decal to proudly display on your building.
- A tax deduction. Sweetness!
Please see below for details.
Not ready for Mayoral duties? Don't have $50? How about $25, $15, or even $5 – any amount you can give is appreciated!
All donations over $5 you get a sweet Very Important Neighbor decal sticker.
How come Neighbors for Neighbors is broke?
First, last year we applied for a bunch of grants. None came through, even the one I totally thought we'd get, and found out we did not last week. Wicked Bummer.
Second, Ning, the company that develops the social networking platform we use generously donated the monthly fees on our networks for a year. The year is over on August 20. Thanks again Ning!
Third. We have no funding sources. We're neighbor powered, and now we need to be neighbor funded too. With more than 3200 neighbors in the networks, we can keep this going for years to come. Please chip in!
How much money does Neighbors for Neighbors need?
What does a block consist of, what will you be overseeing?
- Minimum: We need $6,000 alone just to keep all networks operating for one more year.
- To make dues: $6,000 more dollars will cover all of our current general operating expenses.
- Ideally: $125,000 to staff our operation and cover all expenses. We'll take that on next.
What if more than one person donates on my block?
- A block consists of both sides of one street, from street to street.
- There can be multiple mayors on a street, only if there are multiple blocks.
- There can only be One Mayor per block.
- There is nothing to oversee. All you have to do is donate. If you want to get more involved, great, otherwise, your financial support is what we need.
- First donor is the Mayor for one year.
- Subsequent donors will be offered the title of Deputy Mayor but not have mayoral privileges.
Special thanks to Michelle C and Ning Y for editing and David K for making the graphic!
With much appreciation, your neighbor,
Chief Executive Neighbor